- Red Faction 3 is no more... But relax, nothing is
cancelled, dude. They just renamed it to Red Faction: Guerilla, apparently
- Likewise, the Aliens FPS announced
by SEGA at the end of 2006 finally has a title - Aliens: Colonial Marines, "invading consoles and PCs in 2009". The devs from Gearbox had better make aliens playable as well, at the very least in an expansion. Or else!
- NCsoft has "something to announce - not only announce but to show - by the second half of this year"... their very first console (PS3?) MMO game
. They're "pretty psyched" about it. I'm not. Not yet, anyway.
- Epic's CliffyB loses faith in PC games, thiking that "the PC is just in disarray"
. So right now they're focusing on making
Gears of War 2
console games. Can't say I blame them.
- Speaking of Epic, their Unreal Engine 3 also got licensed by Korean MMO maker Devroot Studio, for a new game codenamed "BK Project". They're a division of SONOV Corporation, who made that MMO with hot chicks
, Shaiya: Light and Darkness.
- The Xbox 360 fails
at a rate of 16.4% (give or take), while only 3% of the PlayStation 3 and Wii consoles fail. Should be interesting to see some sales figures for Microsoft and Sony's consoles in actual working condition!
- Wii hacked
once again (and once again without much use), this time through an exploit in The Legend of Zelda. Great, wake me up when there's something worth seeing.
- Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
for the DS is being released tomorrow in the UK (and presumably the rest of Europe). We got the latest trailer here
, in case you missed it.
- The Witcher
, CD Projekt's debut RPG, has sold over 600,000 copies in 3 months. They're still aiming for 1 million in the first year, and at this rate they're going to shatter it. Grats!